Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful

Most of the posts I write are venting some tough feelings. I thought today called for a thankful and happy post.
Over the weekend I started getting some cramps. Last night they got pretty bad and I really started to worry. It is so hard to keep my mind from being like a runaway train when I worry..... but I'm trying to work on that. I decided to call my doctor's office first thing this morning and tell them about th painful cramps. I wanted to at the very least go in and hear baby's heartbeat on the Doppler. I ended up being scheduled to see my doctor even though I had just seen her this Thursday.  I said more prayers than I can count before I went today. There are also some particular pieces of Scripture that I have been really focusing on these days.  I cling to my St. Gerard medals and my rosary. By the grace of God, I have been able to, for the most part, maintain my composure despite my anxiety these days.

I was so thankful and overjoyed to hear our baby's strong heartbeat almost as soon as the nurse put the Doppler on my belly.  My doctor gave me a thorough exam and said all looks good. She did send me for some lab work, but hopefully that will come back clear and I will not have cramps that scare me like that again.

I know our prayers are being answered and we are so grateful. I am still not exactly sure why my prayers were not answered in the way I would have liked them to be with Daniel, but I am praising God for the living child I now carry and continue to have faith in a happy ending for this pregnancy. 


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7 NIV

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment