Sunday, November 18, 2012

6 months

As we were walking out of church this morning, it was a beautiful and sunny day. It was warm enough that I just wore a long-sleeved shirt and made a comment about how it was so nice to have a warm, sunny day like this more than halfway through November. Tyler checked the date on his watch and said it was the 18th....and that it has been six months since Daniel's birthday. Six months since we left the hospital with empty arms and broken hearts. Six months since we were at the lowest and most devastating point in our lives.  Six months since our dreams for our son and the life we would share together were taken so suddenly from us. Six months since I last carried him.....it doesn't seem possible.

I write this with tear-stained cheeks and a heart that is still hurting for Daniel. Everywhere I go there is a reminder of the upcoming holidays. I was so excited for our newborn baby to spend his first Thanksgiving and Christmas with us. The baby I now carry gives us a great hope for our future and joy to come, but it is still hard to navigate this time knowing we will never get to enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner or sit around our family Christmas tree with Daniel.

A lot has happened in six months.  The pain does become less intense, but it still stings and it still hurts. As I move forward into the next six months I have faith and pray that God will bless us with the birth of this baby, alive and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment