Saturday, August 25, 2012

A very special giraffe

On May 13, 2012, I celebrated Mother's Day honoring my own mom, grandmother, godmother, and of course as the mommy of my sweet baby boy in my belly.  Tyler got me the sweetest card and a musical teddy bear.  The bear was in the cutest gift bag.  The gift bag had a fuzzy giraffe on it with the prettiest colors just perfect for a baby.  I had envisioned doing the nursery in a giraffe theme already, and I said, "This bag is just too nice to throw away!  I'm going to cut out the giraffe and frame it to hang in the nursery!"  Well, that bag was painfully staring us in the face when we got home from that dreadful day at the doctor's…..I almost threw it away.  I'm so glad I didn't.

After we cleaned out the upstairs room that's supposed to be the nursery a couple weeks ago, I decided to go ahead with my framing idea.  I had to dig through the bag of baby things to get to it, and that was hard, but I was strong enough to finish my project.  We hung it on the wall a few nights ago.  I was so sad when I put it up there knowing Daniel will never be in that room to enjoy his giraffe picture or any of the other stuff we got and would have gotten for him.  But, I like knowing that that room is ready….and having that framed giraffe in there from my first Mother's Day gift….it is a special way to have Daniel remain as part of that room….and a reminder that he will be there watching over his little brother or sister someday.  I love you, Daniel James!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment