Sunday, August 12, 2012

Our Weekend


We are back home now after a little weekend getaway.  Yesterday was supposed to be my baby shower and I knew I had to get away and try to be distracted.  We left on Friday and went to Erie for a few days.  It was mostly overcast the whole weekend and a little chilly, but we still had a good time.  The beaches at Presque Isle State Park are so beautiful.  We had almost the whole beach to ourselves on Saturday.  Sitting with our toes in the sand, looking out on the water, breathing in the fresh air, and hearing the sound of the waves was relaxing.  Our plan to try and be distracted for the weekend worked and we had a really nice time.  But as we were sitting on the beach Saturday afternoon, I couldn't help but think that somewhere, in an alternate universe, I was missing the party…..like as if my baby shower was going on without me.  Many times I feel like the whole world is going on without me.  It still hurts so bad and I miss my baby boy so much.  

  
On the beach at Presque Isle

No comments:

Post a Comment