Thursday, August 2, 2012

Daniel's Garden

In the weeks following Daniel's passing, we were given some plants as gifts.  We were given a rose tree, 2 hydrangeas, a gardenia, and a lily.  They all lived on our deck for awhile.  When we went on vacation to Canada at the end of June, it was very hot and they didn't get watered for several days.  When we came back, I trimmed away the dead leaves and flowers.  We waited a few weeks until they started to grow again, and then we planted them outside.  They have come back beautifully and have lots of healthy growth.  Some of the buds are still small, but I know they will be just fine.  The lily is still in its planter, but we will find a space for it soon.  I never really was into growing plants or flowers, but there is something very special about taking care of beautiful, living things (especially in memory of Daniel).  I enjoy watching new buds pop up and smelling the beautiful flowers when they do bloom.

I wish every day that I was still taking care of my living baby boy.  I would be coming up on 31 weeks now.  The nursery would be very close to being ready by now.  We would have taken our baby care classes that I had signed up for.  I would be going for a prenatal check-up every 2 weeks.  I would be feeling him kick and move around inside me and Tyler would surely be feeling those kicks too.  I would be having my baby shower on August 11th.  Everything is upside down and backwards from how it would have been.  I miss my sweet baby Daniel so much.
Daniel's Garden

Gardenia with tight little buds.  Some of them have bloomed in the past and they smell wonderful.

Red begonias and white impatients in our front yard.

Yellow rose tree with our little angel statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment